Wugrass Featuring Chris Castino and Chicken Wire Empire with Black River Revue and The Foxgloves Saturday, July 16, 2022 at 7:30 PM CDT
Saturday, July 16, 2022
Saturday, July 16, 2022 • 7:30 PM
Tickets*: All Tickets $39
Share This Event:
You could say that Chris Castino is a writer of dance music. Not the kind you hear at any club. It’s the kind you hear at a Dead show, or festivals, when the crowd moves together bouncing like an ocean of blissful and emancipated souls. Chris is the primary songwriter for his longtime popular Minnesota-based rock’n’roll jamband The Big Wu. With the incredibly talented band Chicken Wire Empire from Milwaukee, WI, Chris and the boys took the opportunity, while sitting through COVID lock-downs to reimagine some of his catalog into impeccably fitting bluegrass tunes. These songs were transformed and the resulting album, Fresh Pickles, sounds instantly familiar.
Fresh Pickles is just the beginning of a heartfelt and fulfilling voyage into bluegrass— it features stomping rippers and sweet, harmonic ballads, as well as a taste of genre-shifting psychedelic rides. Always true to the tradition and authentic in presentation, this collaboration is packed with great pickin, excitement and most importantly joy.
- Banjo, mandolin, guitar and a big northern acoustic sound mark the freshwater bluegrass & Americana from twin ports outfit Black River Revue. The group has released three full-length albums, toured the nation, and claimed space on independent music for nearly 10 years. Currently a four-piece, led by singer-songwriter Adam Stariha and featuring Tim Leutgeb, Ian Kvale and Nate Hynum, Black River Revue delivers tight, insightful, original string songs and takes an occasional side trip over an unexpected cover. It’s rocking, rollicking, all-Americana music that holds up like a run of rapids through a tight bend below the falls.
- The Foxgloves are a six-piece all-female Americana band hailing from the Twin Cities. Their high energy performances, heartfelt storytelling, four-part harmonies, and unique instrumentation has swept them onto stages all over the Midwest. They released their debut self-titled EP in June of 2021 and their first full-length album is set to be released this September. This powerful band is making moves you’ll want to witness.
*Plus applicable taxes and fees:
- 5.5% State and local sales tax
- $3 Facility Fee per ticket (facility fee is used for tent, building, and grounds needs)
- 2% Handling Fee per order, up to a maximum of $8
- "All-In Gate Pricing" Purchases at the gate (totaled with taxes and fees) will be rounded up to the nearest dollar to expedite the line
- No refunds or exchanges for any shows
Make an annual donation of $125 or more and receive exclusive access to ticket pre-sales, usually a week before the general public. Learn more about the Blue Canvas Club HERE
Lake Superior Big Top Chautauqua
32525 Ski Hill Road
Bayfield WI 54814
RESERVED SEATING (inside/covered): Includes seating provided by venue inside the tent and under the covering structure.