Michael Franti & Spearhead Sunday, June 11, 2023 at 7:30 PM CDT
Sunday, June 11, 2023 at 7:30 PM CDT
Dance Alert!Michael Franti & Spearhead
Big Big Love Tour
with special guest The Dip
Sunday June 11, 2023 • 7:30 PM
General Public sale begins Tue, Feb 7, 2023 - 12:00pm CDT
Sponsored by Kylmala Truss, Wild Rice Retreat, and Kim & Derek Ogle
Michael Franti is a globally recognized artist, activist, business owner, and award-winning filmmaker revered for his high-energy live shows, inspiring music, devotion to health and wellness, worldwide philanthropic efforts and the power of optimism. Throughout his multi-decade career, Franti has earned three Billboard No. 1’s with triumphantly hopeful hits “Sound of Sunshine,” “Say Hey (I Love You)” and “I Got You,” as well as six Top 30 Hot AC singles, nine Top 25 AAA Singles, and three Billboard Top 5 Rock Albums.
The Los Angeles native possesses an inimitable talent for combining an innovative cross-genre sound that blends hip-hop, funk, reggae, and rock, positive messaging, and his unwavering exuberance while inspiring people to take on the great challenges the world faces today. His latest release and 12th studio album Follow Your Heart , was released in June 2022 and debuted at No. 2 on the iTunes Pop Chart. Franti kicked off the Follow Your Heart World Tour in the Spring of 2022, with over 75 shows through the summer, performing at venues across North America including Big Top Chautauqua.
Deemed by NPR as “equal parts musician and activist,” Michael Franti continues to foster community both on and off stage. In 2013, Franti & his wife Sarah founded the Do It For The Love Foundation which works to bring those with life-threatening illnesses, veterans, and children with severe challenges to concerts worldwide, in the hopes of inspiring hope and joy through the healing power of music. To date, the wishing-granting non-profit has fulfilled over 3,300 wishes and touched the lives of over 12,000 people. Following his critically acclaimed self-directed documentary, 2019’s Stay Human, Franti launched his podcast of the same name, which peaked at #1 on the Apple Podcast Charts upon its 2020 release. Now nearing its 100th episode, The Stay Human podcast features creatives from all walks of life - who through their music, art, entrepreneurship, or activism are changing the world.
Lawn/Grounds Pass (Outside/Uncovered)
- General admission access to grounds. Seating is not provided by venue. BYO chair or blanket. Weather may impact sight lines. No access to tent seating.
Reserved Seating (Inside/Covered)
- Includes seating provided by venue inside the tent and covered by structure. Available seating options include 1st tier, 2nd tier, box seating, and table seating.
Ticketing Policies & Fees
*Plus applicable taxes and fees
- 5.5% State and local sales tax
- $3 Facility Fee per ticket (facility fee is used for tent, building, and grounds needs)
- 2% Handling Fee per order, up to a maximum of $8
- "All-In Gate Pricing" Purchases at the gate (totaled with taxes and fees) will be rounded up to the nearest dollar to expedite the line
- No refunds or exchanges for any shows
Ticket holders and attendees are subject the following conditions:
- Attendees grant unrestricted rights & licenses for use of their likeness in any form of public broadcast and production, and for promotional purposes
- Big Top Chautauqua reserves the right to refuse admission or evict anyone from the venue premises due to disorderly behavior without issuing a refund.
- Big Top Chautauqua reserves the right to search all persons, packages, bags, and other items entering venue grounds and/or other properties owned by Lake Superior Big Top Chautauqua. The safety of our guests, volunteers, staff, and artists are top priority.
- All venue policies and procedures are subject to change without notice.
Make an annual donation of $125 or more and receive exclusive access to ticket pre-sales, usually a week before the general public. Learn more about the Blue Canvas Club HERE
Lake Superior Big Top Chautauqua
32525 Ski Hill Road
Bayfield WI 54814