The Wailin' Jennys
Approximate running time: 2 hours
32525 Ski Hill Road
Bayfield WI 54814
The Wailin' Jennys
Friday, August 4, 2023
Grounds Open: 5:30PM
Blue Canvas Club Pre-Sale: Tue, Jan 17, 2023 - 12:00pm CT
General Public Sale: Tue, Jan 24, 2023 - 12:00pm CT
Sponsored by CF Design
Ruth Moody (vocals, guitar, banjo) is a classically trained vocalist and pianist known as an accomplished, versatile singer of traditional and Celtic music and was the lead singer of Juno-nominated roots band Scruj MacDuhk. Nicky Mehta (vocals, guitar, drums) is a self-taught musician and classically trained dancer raised on ‘70s AM radio. She was nominated for a Canadian Indie Music Award for her solo album Weather Vane and is working on a follow-up while also preparing for the release of a new children’s book based on the lyrics of her song “Away But Never Gone” from Bright Morning Stars . Heather Masse (vocals, upright bass) is a Jazz Voice graduate of the New England Conservatory of Music and is a regular guest on A Prairie Home Companion. Following the 2009 release of her solo album Bird Song , Masse went on to release two jazz collaborations, 2013’s Lock My Heart with Dick Hyman, and 2016’s August Love Song with Roswell Rudd.
After the 2004 release of their first-full length album, the critically acclaimed 40 Days , and due to their frequent appearances on Garrison’s Keillor’s public radio show A Prairie Home Companion, The Jennys exploded onto the roots music scene, performing at packed venues across the U.S. and throughout the world. Their next album, Firecracker , was a powerful follow-up to their debut album and found The Jennys stepping out of the folk realm and into the world of alt-country, pop and rock. Garnering much attention, it was nominated for a Juno Award and won a 2007 Folk Alliance Award for “Contemporary Release of the Year.” It charted for over 56 weeks on the Billboard charts and was followed up by their 2009 release Live at the Mauch Chunk Opera House, which spent over a year on the Billboard bluegrass charts.
Through numerous solo endeavors and more than twenty years since their formation, The Wailin’ Jennys continue to create some of the most exciting and exquisite music on the folk-roots scene, stepping up their musical game with each critically-lauded recording and thrilling audiences with their renowned live performances.
- General admission access to grounds. Seating is not provided by the venue. BYO chair or blanket. Weather may impact sight lines. No access to tent seating.
- Includes seating provided by the venue inside the tent and covered by structure. Available seating options include 1st tier, 2nd tier, box seating, and table seating.
Ticketing Policies & Fees
- 5.5% State and local sales tax
- $3 Facility Fee per ticket (facility fee is used for tent, building, and grounds needs)
- 2% Handling Fee per order, up to a maximum of $8
- Purchases made at the venue ticket gate on show night reflect order fees and taxes and will be rounded up to the nearest dollar to expedite the line.
- All ticket sales are final. No refunds or exchanges.
- Attendees grant unrestricted rights & licenses for use of their likeness in any form of public broadcast and production, and for promotional purposes.
- Big Top Chautauqua reserves the right to refuse admission or evict anyone from the venue premises due to disorderly behavior without issuing a refund.
- Big Top Chautauqua reserves the right to search all persons, packages, bags, and other items entering venue grounds and/or other properties owned by Lake Superior Big Top Chautauqua. The safety of our guests, volunteers, staff, and artists are top priority.
- All venue policies and procedures are subject to change without notice.
Make an annual donation of $125 or more and receive exclusive access to ticket pre-sales, usually a week before the general public. Learn more about the Blue Canvas Club HERE