Dance Alert!Killer Queen - A Tribute to Queen
featuring Patrick Myers as Freddie Mercury
Saturday, July 22, 2023 • 7:30 PM
General Public sale begins Tue, Feb 7, 2023 - 12:00pm CT
Sponsored by DSGW Architecture
It is a fact that amongst rock royalties, Queen reigns supreme with 18 number one albums, 18 number one singles, and is one of the world’s best-selling music artists. Since Freddie Mercury’s passing in 1991, fans have been yearning and wondering as to how to get that kind of Queen magic on stage ever again? Now, Queen lives on in Killer Queen. Killer Queen’s expertly crafted musicianship and commanding performances of Queen’s biggest rock anthems have delighted audiences across the world for decades. Their impeccable vocal harmonies, close-to-the-original looks, costumes, and lead singer Patrick Myers' boundless energy and magnetic showmanship are so convincing that it seems Freddie Mercury was brought back to life.
In 1993, Killer Queen's first public shows were held at London University, following in the footsteps of the real Queen who had played their first shows there 21 years earlier. The band’s popularity across the UK grew to such an extent that by 1995 they secured a residency in London's Strand Theatre attracting nationwide BBC coverage, as they became the first tribute act to have a show in the West End. While the band never had any official connection to Queen, their reputation continued to grow both in the UK and abroad. They were awarded “Worldwide Best Tribute Band” at a ceremony in Leicester Square hosted by Suggs from Madness in 1999, and then went on to score a number one hit for their feature on Fatboy Slim’s “The Real Life,” where they recreated Queen’s iconic harmonies in 2001.
As Killer Queen entered their second decade as a band, their audiences continued to grow. They were in high demand, playing in arenas across Europe including Ahoy Stadium, where the now reformed Queen would be performing only a few months later. They were delighted to sell out Forest National Arena where Queen filmed the concert set piece videos such as Hammer To Fall and Don't Stop Me Now. Killer Queen then joined forces with Bjorn Again and The Bootleg Beatles for a Waverley Stadium show in Edinburgh. It was this performance that led to the band being selected to represent Queen in a re-staged tribute LiveAid concert held by Sir Bob Geldof. By 2016, Killer Queen took their show to America. They toured across the United States performing in some of the country's most prestigious venues including Red Rocks and Austin City Limits. Now, 30 years since their founding, Killer Queen remains in high demand and delights audiences all over the world, filling arenas across the United Kingdom and embarking on large tours across North America.
Lawn/Grounds Pass (Outside/Uncovered)
- General admission access to grounds. Seating is not provided by the venue. BYO chair or blanket. Weather may impact sight lines. No access to tent seating.
Reserved Seating (Inside/Covered)
- Includes seating provided by the venue inside the tent and covered by structure. Available seating options include 1st tier, 2nd tier, box seating, and table seating.
Ticketing Policies & Fees
*Plus applicable taxes and fees
- 5.5% State and local sales tax
- $3 Facility Fee per ticket (facility fee is used for tent, building, and grounds needs)
- 2% Handling Fee per order, up to a maximum of $8
- "All-In Gate Pricing" Purchases at the gate (totaled with taxes and fees) will be rounded up to the nearest dollar to expedite the line
- No refunds or exchanges for any shows
Ticket holders and attendees are subject the following conditions:
- Attendees grant unrestricted rights & licenses for use of their likeness in any form of public broadcast and production, and for promotional purposes.
- Big Top Chautauqua reserves the right to refuse admission or evict anyone from the venue premises due to disorderly behavior without issuing a refund.
- Big Top Chautauqua reserves the right to search all persons, packages, bags, and other items entering venue grounds and/or other properties owned by Lake Superior Big Top Chautauqua. The safety of our guests, volunteers, staff, and artists are top priority.
- All venue policies and procedures are subject to change without notice.
Make an annual donation of $125 or more and receive exclusive access to ticket pre-sales, usually a week before the general public. Learn more about the Blue Canvas Club HERE