A Salute to Glen Campbell
Approximate running time: 2 hours
32525 Ski Hill Road
Bayfield WI 54814
Saturday, June 17, 2023 • 7:30 PM
General Public sale begins Tue, Mar 7, 2023 - 12:00pm CT
Sponsored by K&B
Nashville artist Jeff Dayton’s career is a success story built on hard work, faith and professionalism. From the White House to the Grand Ole Opry, Jeff Dayton has been playing guitar and performing all his life. He’s a Nashville producer and writer and loves the concentrated creative scene in Music City. He’s had the honor of backing artists including Vince Gill, Willie Nelson, Toby Keith, Buck Owens, Tracy Byrd, Bo Diddley, Dizzy Gillespie, Gene Autry, Mac Davis and touring with megastar Kenny Chesney, Lee Greenwood, Sarah Darling, Tammy Cochran and others.
Born and raised in rural Minnesota, Dayton grew up influenced by his mom’s diverse record collection of Johnny Cash, Roger Miller, Kingston Trio plus, Dixieland, Caribbean and calypso styles. It wasn’t long before he discovered his own love for guitar greats Eric Clapton, Jerry Reed, Jimi Hendrix and, naturally, Glen Campbell. After moving to Arizona, the Jeff Dayton Band was formed in 1980. Dayton quickly built a major following, with a regional #1 hit under his belt, he opened shows for countless artists and major tours that passed through Phoenix. It was at one of those shows with Merle Haggard, the Judds and Alabama that he met Glen Campbell who had been listening to his band’s set. The very next night, Jeff was playing a Jack Nicklaus grand opening and there was Glen again. After an impromptu jam session that delighted the crowd, Jeff got the phone call that would change his career forever.
Dayton became Glen Campbell’s right-hand man, spending 15 years as the legendary musician’s guitarist and band leader. From the 1980’s to the 2000’s, they toured around the world and across all 50 states, performed at the White House, and appeared together on The Today Show and Glen’s PBS special with the South Dakota Orchestra. After Glen Campbell’s passing in 2017, Jeff got so many requests for a show of the icon's music that he launched “Salute to Glen Campbell,” an intimate, upbeat presentation of his hits and the first-person stories of their years together.
Today with original drummer Tom Benton, the band has been selling out shows from Hawaii to Florida, Minneapolis to Phoenix. You'll hear the hits the way they played them with Glen; “Wichita Lineman,” “Gentle On My Mind,” “Rhinestone Cowboy,” and all the rest. Jeff shares the stories behind the songs, the records Glen played on as a member of the Wrecking Crew in his LA studio days, and some of his country humor. It's both an uplifting and sentimental first-person tribute to one of the greatest artists of all time.
Lawn/Grounds Pass (Outside/Uncovered)
- General admission access to grounds. Seating is not provided by the venue. BYO chair or blanket. Weather may impact sight lines. No access to tent seating.
Reserved Seating (Inside/Covered)
- Includes seating provided by the venue inside the tent and covered by structure. Available seating options include 1st tier, 2nd tier, box seating, and table seating.
Ticketing Policies & Fees
*Plus applicable taxes and fees
- 5.5% State and local sales tax
- $3 Facility Fee per ticket (facility fee is used for tent, building, and grounds needs)
- 2% Handling Fee per order, up to a maximum of $8
- "All-In Gate Pricing" Purchases at the gate (totaled with taxes and fees) will be rounded up to the nearest dollar to expedite the line
- No refunds or exchanges for any shows
Ticket holders and attendees are subject the following conditions:
- Attendees grant unrestricted rights & licenses for use of their likeness in any form of public broadcast and production, and for promotional purposes.
- Big Top Chautauqua reserves the right to refuse admission or evict anyone from the venue premises due to disorderly behavior without issuing a refund.
- Big Top Chautauqua reserves the right to search all persons, packages, bags, and other items entering venue grounds and/or other properties owned by Lake Superior Big Top Chautauqua. The safety of our guests, volunteers, staff, and artists are top priority.
- All venue policies and procedures are subject to change without notice.
Make an annual donation of $125 or more and receive exclusive access to ticket pre-sales, usually a week before the general public. Learn more about the Blue Canvas Club HERE